Terms & Conditions
Website & Phone orders
When you place an order, we will require your name, e-mail address and payment details. Without this information we will not be able to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order.
An email confirmation is only a confirmation that we have received your order and/or payment. It is not an acceptance of your order and we retain the right to contact you and issue a full refund in the event of complications with your order; including, but not limited to, incorrect pricing, stock availability and delivery charges.
A contact telephone number is also required so that we may reach you if there is a problem with your order, or if your order requires a delivery quote. We may, unless you advise us otherwise, pass this information to our couriers or other agents in case they need to contact you to arrange the processing or delivery of your order.
Once your order has been despatched, the completion of the contract between Houseoflights and yourself takes place. We cannot fulfil any obligations due to the following reasons:
• The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
• Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
• The identification of a pricing or product description error
• Customers who fail to reach any order criteria set out in the Terms & Conditions
If there are any problems with your order, you will be contacted by one of our Customer Services Representatives either by email or by phone.
We reserve the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any time.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish, provided you exercise your right no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the products. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract prior to order despatch, please contact our customer services department on email@example.com. If your order has already been despatched please follow the procedure set out in Returns Policy.
Product Pricing, Descriptions, Images & Estimated Time of Arrivals
All prices published are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. Each product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information, including Product Descriptions, appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the situation at the exact moment you place an order. The images shown online and in catalogues are for illustration purposes only.
ETA dates are for guidance only and may change due to unexpected delivery problems.
Payment for all orders is at point of sale and not at point of despatch
All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus delivery. You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this Website whether or not that product has been sold; To be eligible to purchase products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:
• Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
• Be over 18 years of age
• Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable
• Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us
By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Promotional Code Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise stated, promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
Free delivery promotions exclude deliveries to anywhere outside the UK mainland.
You can use published promotional codes through our website only unless otherwise stated and not in conjunction with any other offer. You can participate in offers once only.
Promotional codes are not valid against shipping rates. In the case of part-refunds, a percentage of the item’s value will be calculated and refunded as per the total order value. Promotional codes may only be redeemed against in-stock items and cannot be retained for usage beyond their date of expiry.
We are unable to apply discount codes retrospectively to an order once the sale has been made.
We reserve the right to cancel any promotion, offer or promotional code after seven working days of publication.
Guarantee on Lighting Products
Houseoflights provide a 1 year guarantee for all our lighting products.
During this guarantee period, the Company will replace the product or its defective parts subject to the terms and conditions.
1) Guarantee services will be provided only if the original invoice or sales is presented with the defective product within the guarantee period. The Company may refuse guarantee service if these documents are not available.
2) This Guarantee does not cover transport costs and risks associated with transport of the product to and from The Company instructions.
3) This guarantee does not cover:
a) periodic maintenance, the repair or replacement of parts due to wear and tear
b) consumables (components that are expected to require periodic replacement during the lifetime of a lamp such as batteries, starters, bulbs, ballasts, etc.)
c) damage or defects caused by use or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal use
d) damage or changes to the product as a result of :
• misuse, including: – treatment resulting in physical, cosmetic or surface damage or changes to the product failure to install or use the product for its normal purpose or in accordance with The Company.
• installation or use of the product in a manner inconsistent with the technical or safety laws or standards in the country where it is installed or used
• use of the product with accessories, peripheral equipment and other products of a type, condition and standard other than recommended by the Company
• repair or attempted repair by persons who are not authorized by The Company and adjustments, adaptations without the Company prior written consent
• accidents, fire, liquids, chemicals, other substances, flooding, vibrations, excessive heat, improper ventilation, power surges, excess or incorrect supply or input voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges including lighting, other external forces and impacts.